Our purpose at Vodafone is to connect for a better future. As a Global Communications Technology company, we put the customer at the heart of everything we do. We are forever challenging, pushing boundaries and discovering innovative ways to connect our customers with their digital societies.
We connect people, businesses, and communities across the globe to create the future. We earn customer loyalty, experiment, learn fast and get it done, together.
Join our journey as we connect for a better future. Ready?
As a Radio Networks engineer, you will be part of a team responsible for the analysis, design, implementation and optimisation of GSM/UMTS/LTE mobile wireless networks and microwave point-to-point links.
- Responsible for indoor and outdoor coverage
- Performing radio site surveys, site candidate evaluation / selection and link budget planning for both new radio site integration and / or radio site relocation
- Use specialised propagation modelling tools to conduct coverage planning, interference analysis and optimisation
- Design indoor distributed antenna system for indoor coverage improvement
- Define and / or adapt processes and procedures for RF engineering tasks
- Assist in the budget preparation for all aspects related to radio network design
- General system administration of radio network planning server machines
- Liaise with other sections in order to carry out the support function
Core Competencies, Knowledge and Experience:
- MQF Level 6 / 7 in Engineering, ICT or Physics (with specialisation in applied electromagnetism)
- General understanding of Networking and Telecommunications. Knowledge of RF related concepts as applied to mobile radio network design together with a good knowledge of radio propagation modelling will be considered an asset
- An analytical approach coupled with strong organisational and communication skills
- Eager to learn and expand knowledge through both class based and on the job training
- Be a team player and ready to work under pressure without supervision
- Valid driving licence
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised and rewarded. We are committed to promoting ‘Inclusion for All’ with the belief that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business. We actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of our journey.
Vodafone Malta Limited – KMP-54586