The Warehouse Group is a fashion retail chain boasting brand names such as Diesel, Levis and Fred Perry. In the recent past, the Group invested heavily in acquiring a number of landmark locations with the aim to tap into the ever growing hospitality market.
Growth brings opportunities and the Group is seeking to recruit an Accounts Officer to lead the hospitality side of the business. The role is ideally suited to individuals who are qualified or partly qualified accountants with at least two years experience in a Finance environment. Reporting directly to the Executive team, we are seeking a self-motivated full-timer, however, if you are a parent with the right attributes willing to work reduced hours we are happy to hear from you. Our offices are located in Attard.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and update the general ledger, including preparing journal entries, accounts analyses and reconciliations.
- Verify all business transactions from documents such as deposit slips, invoices, receipts, check stubs and computer printouts.
- Calculate accruals and prepayments, depreciation, and other items required for an accurate presentation of monthly and annual financial reports.
- Reconcile monthly bank statements, verify all deposits and handle discrepancies.
- Oversee accounts receivable collection and accounts payable payments, and ensuring that income and expenditure are charged to appropriate accounts.
- Ensure records of all inventories and fixed assets are kept updated.
- File all appropriate VAT and tax forms with the respective Government departments. Liaise with such offices as deemed necessary.
- Prepare accounting reports and assist the management team in making financial decisions.
- Ensure a high quality / standard of work and service throughout.
- Other ad hoc duties according to business exigencies.
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered to the right candidate.
The Warehouse Group – KMP-53529