Do you thrive in a challenging environment? StreetHR is supporting a well-known leader in a global insurance industry who prides itself in providing customers freedom of movement around the world. Our client is currently looking for a Compliance Officer to join their international team.
The Compliance Officer will assist and execute compliance and internal control tasks to the Head of Compliance and Risk.
Duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure licence conditions are complied with to both the Insurance and Insurance Intermediaries regulations.
- Ensure Solvency II regulation is complied with under the three pillars.
- Assist in all procedures and policies of all the companies that are in place, updated and adhered to.
- Assist the Compliance Officer with compliance to the Company’s Act and the Memorandum of Articles of the companies.
- Assist the Head of Compliance with regulatory reporting requirements, both locally and country specific.
- Assist the Head of Compliance with internal control and company governance, monitoring 2nd level controls, procedures and committee adherence.
- Assist the Head of Compliance with the company’s corporate governance, key functions and board effectiveness.
- Ensure a systematic regulatory watch, both locally and internationally.
- Assist the Head of Compliance with performing controls, complaints analysis and monitoring on outsourced key functions through KPIs.
The ideal candidate will be a highly analytical individual who has excellent communication and interpersonal skills. As this is quite a dynamic role, to prosper in this role the ideal candidate must have the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, both individually and in a team.
The candidate must have a legal / compliance background and preferably familiar with the Maltese Companies’ Act. Experience or studies in Insurance will be considered as an asset. Fluency in English and another European language (French) is a plus.
Does the above role interest you? Get in touch today!
StreetHR – KMP-54685