The Unix / Linux System Administrator is responsible for ensuring that the Document Management System (DMS) is kept up-to-date with the latest revision of Aircraft Maintenance Manuals and providing technical support for the DMS software so that all users of the maintenance data are able to access this information at all times.
- Promote a positive safety culture and ensure that Safety and Quality Policy is communicated / promoted and implemented within the organization;
- Utilise Unix expertise to load Aircraft Maintenance Manual (AMM) data into SR Technics bespoke Document Management System (DMS) software;
- Supporting Technical Aircraft Maintenance Manual document structure changes after customer revisions;
- Manipulate Maintenance Manual information in the form of SGML and XML data;
- Provide reactive technical support to the users of the Document Management System (DMS) as and when required;
- Plan and implement maintenance of the Documentation Management System;
- Ensure the Document Management System is kept up-to-date with timely manual revisions;
- Supporting the project team (onsite / offshore) to create the most appropriate future document management solution for business requirements;
- Supporting the development of training, test procedures and documents;
- Ensuring the SR Technics Document Management System is administered accurately and effectively from an IT perspective.
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience administering or developing Unix / Linux systems;
- Good knowledge of Structured Markup Language (ex. XML, HTML, SGML) document administration systems (text, graphics, formats);
- Experience in dealing with Unix shells and scripting languages / PERL is an advantage;
- Good understanding / knowledge of databases, preferable Oracle;
- Exact and systematic working methods (process-oriented);
- Good understanding of technical texts in English language;
- Ideally (but not essential) knowledge of the Aviation / Aerospace industry and the management of structured technical documentation for aircraft maintenance;
- Experience in displaying structured data, preferably with Adobe FrameMaker + SGML is an advantage;
- Experience in an international work environment across cultures / locations;
- Fluent in English language;
- Communicative team player with a solution- and customer-oriented mindset with a positive attitude;
- Demonstrates a high level of personal accountability and attention to detail;
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary;
- Potential to work independently and under own initiative from home – has a good internet connection.
We offer you an attractive position in a global and dynamic company in the aircraft maintenance business.
SR Technics Malta Limited – KMP-58208