Sparkasse Bank Malta plc is a licensed credit institution which provides private banking, investment services and custody / depository services. Our team is formed of young, dynamic professionals who are part of an environment which promotes team spirit and rewards competence.
As a result of our continuous growth, a vacancy has arisen for a Settlements Officer within our Securities and Custody department, Asset Servicing team. This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate looking to gain wider knowledge of the trade settlement process within the securities markets while contributing to the success of the business and an opportunity to develop their career.
Main duties are general administration tasks of the Securities and Custody Department, including, but not limited to:
- Setting up of securities in the Bank’s master database and effecting necessary updates
- Booking of voluntary and mandatory corporate actions (including foreign exchange transactions, where applicable); Filing, scanning and saving, archiving of physical records in line with the process manual
- Effecting the necessary trade bookings on customer portfolio accounts (including foreign exchange transactions)
- Monthly and quarterly reconciliations with Bank counterparties
- Daily reconciliations of cash balance
- General administration tasks within the settlements team
- Securities reconciliations against Bank counterparties’ records
- Ongoing initiative to identify processes which ensure more effective modus operandi of the Securities department
- Effective communication with Settlement counterparties
- Resolving external and internal queries relating to settlements
- Attend monthly department meetings
- Keep abreast of all banking rules, regulations and directives issued by the MFSA / ESMA and other related bodies which are relevant to daily duties
- Take on any necessary training that is required from time to time, including training that is required due to change in internal processes and procedures
- Any ad hoc tasks which may be required from time to time
Qualifications / Requirements:
- A College or University degree would be considered an asset
- Strong command of Microsoft Excel
- Strong organisational skills
- Hands-on with a can-do attitude
- Proactive, focused and able to plan and consistently meet deadlines
- Strong command of English, both oral and written
- Demonstrate analytical skills, with excellent attention to detail
- Capable of building productive relationships with colleagues
Extensive training will be provided to the right candidate.
An attractive package is offered to the right candidate.
Sparkasse Bank Malta plc – KMP-55554