Sparkasse Bank Malta plc is a licensed Credit Institution which provides Private Banking, Investment Services and Custody / Depository services. Our team is formed of young, dynamic professionals who are part of an environment which promotes team spirit and rewards competence.
As a result of our continuous growth, a vacancy has arisen for an Investment Advisor in our Private Banking Department.
The position is mainly focused on duties relating to Investment Advisory, investment analysis and client relationship management within the Private Banking Department. Ideally, the candidate will be able to conduct research on investments and to provide investment advice to customers within 6 months of joining the team.
- Conducting analysis of existing investments that form part of the Bank’s Whitelist of investment positions;
- Conducting analysis and preparing an investment analysis datasheet on new investment ideas that may be added to the Bank’s Whitelist of investment positions;
- Prepare formal investment recommendations for customers and be able to explain the rationale behind the suggested investment recommendation;
- Enhancement / growth and retention of existing clients / accounts in order to maximise private Banking services offered by the Bank including, the taking of deposits, card services, foreign exchange, brokerage, and advisory services;
- Assist in developing prospect relationships and enhance / grow / retain those new relationships;
- Assist in on-boarding of clients, collecting documentation, processing client documentation and applications relating to products and services contracted, maintaining records, and archiving the same;
- Assist and prepare news items for publication from time to time;
- Perform monitoring exercises and maintenance of appropriate monitoring standards of clients’ accounts and portfolios;
- Liaise across departments and regulatory functions within the Bank with a view to assisting in the proper and timely prosecution of business flows and transactions including but not exclusively the Trade and Settlement desks and the Payments department;
- Assist in the redaction and maintenance of processes and procedures.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Banking and Finance or a relevant qualification
- Minimum 1 year experience in a similar position
- Good IT knowledge
- Good working knowledge of MiFID2
- Approval from MFSA to provide Investment Advice will be considered an asset
- Capable of managing clients’ requirements accurately and efficiently
- Hands-on with can-do attitude
- Analytical skills, with excellent attention to detail
- Practical understanding of workflow analysis and planning
- Proactive, focused and able to plan and consistently meet deadlines
- Strong command of English, both oral and written
- Be able to work in a team and willing to learn new skills
Extensive training is provided.
An attractive package is offered to the right candidate.
Sparkasse Bank Malta plc – KMP-55820