Active since 2013, Simply VC is an innovative, creative and well-established infrastructure leader in the blockchain space, especially active collaborators in the Celo, Cosmos, Chainlink, Polkadot and Oasis ecosystems. Being part of these and various other ecosystems aligns us with one of our core beliefs, which is decentralisation.
We operate out of our group owned private datacenter in Malta, enabling us to have full control over our infrastructure and security, as well as allowing us to put Malta on the blockchain map within these ecosystems.
We are looking for a passionate individual to join our fanatical node operations team as an IT specialist, reporting to the CTO and working on cutting edge technologies that are shaping our future.
The ideal candidate takes pride in their work, loves to gain a deep understanding of how things work and enjoys fine-tuning machines and software to perfection. They will be expected to assimilate information, read up on trends and innovate within the space. We believe in empowerment; you will not be micromanaged and will be given the freedom to work and research independently as well as collaborate with your teammates, to reach what will at times be strict deadlines.
What’s in it for you?
- Gain deep exposure in one of the most promising innovations of the 21st century
- Ability to learn on the job
- The ability to work remotely
- Flexible working hours
- Attractive salary
- Participate in the growth of the company
- Work in a highly-innovate space
What will you be doing?
- Be part of our node operations team, helping to improve our team and its processes through active communication
- Design, configure and troubleshoot blockchain infrastructure systems
- Work with and continuously enhance our monitoring and alerting systems
- Keep documentation up to date
- Collaborate within multiple blockchain communities around the world
- Implement and enforce best practice security policies
- Automate as much as you can
- Participate in the team’s on-call rotation
- Think outside of the box
You will be trained on cutting edge blockchain systems so that you can understand what they are and how they work and function, providing you with the necessary foundation on which to develop the skills needed to build and maintain such systems.
The ideal candidate would possess
- A good understanding of networking and security practices
- Experience working on and maintaining a high uptime environment
- Experience using various scripting languages e.g. Bash and Python
- Proficiency using both server and desktop editions of Linux
- Experience with Docker or Kubernetes
- Experience with virtualisation software
- The ability to both work on their own as well as in a team
- A keen interest in blockchain technologies
- A can-do attitude definitely goes a long way
Simply VC – KMP-55960