The newly built 180 room Seaview Hotel will be opening in 2021 and we are currently seeking to recruit our General Manager.
- Creating hotel policies together with the Directors and Department Managers.
- Setting high expectations for both service and performance.
- Managing the operations of the hotel.
- Ongoing monitoring of expenditure, sales and profit levels compared to budgets and recommending methods for effective savings.
- Do ongoing audits to make sure standards of practice are maintained.
- Supervise work at all levels by being out of the office and alongside staff.
- Monitoring rosters.
- Ensure all departments are working as 1 team for smooth and efficient operations.
- Collaborate with third parties such as suppliers and tour operators.
- Staying on top of innovative trends.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in the same position, ideally including knowledge gained locally.
- Degree in Business Administration or Hospitality Management.
- Knowledge of IT systems used in payroll and reservations is a plus.
- Have strong leadership and team-building skills.
- Able to motivate staff at all levels.
- Have a practical approach to work.
- Understanding of all hotel management best practices and current laws and guidelines related to the hospitality sector.
- Good communication, decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Highly organised and have an eye for detail.
Seaview Hotel – KMP-57111