With more than 30 years of experience that has built our reputation, RS2 has become a market leader in the payments software world. Our expansion plans require that we recruit a Junior System Administrator to join the System Administration team within the Technical Services department.
- To provide technical support on the installation, configuration, upgrades, maintenance, cabling and connectivity of our on premise, AWS and Azure public cloud infrastructure.
- Patch and update all software and keep up-to-date with the latest releases and related features.
- Assist and learn about secure firewall appliances, software, user privileges and public key encryption VPN connectivity.
- Assist in the monitoring and enhancement of performance of all infrastructure including VOIP phones and VC.
- Update and improve hardware, software and processes documentation.
- Execute DR plans and backups in accordance with the organization’s recovery procedures.
- Provide efficient support to all users.
- Learn how to design systems and networks with focus on business continuity.
- Assist in maintaining a Citrix environment.
- Liaise with hardware and software suppliers.
- Preferably, in possession of a university degree in computing and / or any of the popular systems / network administration certifications like CompTIA, CCNA, Redhat, Linux.
- Some knowledge of Linux and Microsoft Windows environments.
- Be familiar with networking, sub-netting TCP / IP addressing and VLANs.
- Possess good communication skills and fluency in written and spoken English.
- Strong organisational and time management skills, able to prioritise across different tasks and meet deadlines as per business objectives.
The selected candidates will be offered an attractive package, commensurate with their skills and experience that includes medical insurance. Please send a detailed CV quoting the respective reference number.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence.
RS2 – KMP-58160