RiskCap International Ltd was established in 2013 and is considered a leader in the field of governance, risk and compliance – providing outsourced and customised solutions to the finance industry. With offices in the UK and Malta, RiskCap currently services various financial institutions including fund managers, funds, both local-based and international, accumulating over €6 billion in assets, as well as other payment institutions, EMIs, banks, investment firms and insurance firms.
RiskCap is looking for a highly motivated individual for the role of Junior Risk Associate within our risk management team. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual looking to join a company with immense growth potential and significant career growth prospects.
Role and Responsibilities
The Junior Risk Associate will be part of team and shall:
- Assist the Head of Risk with the implementation of risk management frameworks;
- Provide analysis on different classes in order to understand key risks to be communicated with senior management;
- Monitor investment restrictions on a regular basis;
- Assist with the analysis for escalation senior management;
- Prepare and draft risk reports covering market risk, counterparty risk and liquidity risk;
- Communicate the risk exposures and maintain relationships with senior management;
- Contribute to helping clients minimize or eliminate financial risks that could be detrimental towards their business goals.
The candidate shall have:
- An academic qualification in banking, risk, economics, finance, mathematics or relevant field of study at a Malta Qualification Framework (MQF) Level 6 or better;
- Strong team player;
- The ability to multi-task, meet strict deadlines and produce high-quality work;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent financial analysis skills with advanced Microsoft Excel;
- Fluency in financial industry practices and professional standards;
- Knowledge of EU and local regulations is considered an asset;
- Ability to listen actively and to work on one’s initiative as necessary;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Remuneration and Benefits
We offer remuneration in line with the experience of the position. Other benefits include flexible working arrangements, private health insurance and parking.
Risk Cap – KMP-57389