At PwC Malta, our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems. We’re a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 276,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, advisory and tax services.
We’re looking for a curious, adaptable Data Scientist who is excited about joining our team of data analytics experts and engineers to help solve some of the firm’s most intriguing problems where data plays a pivotal part, alongside people, service offering and process considerations.
What’s special about PwC?
We’re one of the world’s leading professional services organisations with an aspiration to bolster the relevance to our customers and society by harnessing the power of data to transform our way of operating. We strive for a strong data-driven, decision-making culture across the Firm and we’re great advocates of data analytics and empowerment of the wider business.
How that translates to you
We help you realise your full potential and unleash your creativity by providing you with a working environment and flexibility so you have the necessary headspace to see through your projects and analyses in a way that matches your work-life balance aspirations. We also invest in your upskilling so that your skill set remains sharp and adjourned as technology evolves.
You should apply if:
- What we’re doing at PwC motivates you
- You have a strong degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a relevant field; a graduate degree in data science, AI / ML or any other quantitative field is preferred
- You have 2 or more years of experience as a Data Scientist / Data Analyst; experience in ML or AI, preferably in a tech or data-driven organisation
- You communicate fluently in English
- You have a sound grounding of:
- technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- statistical data analysis software (e.g. R)
- data mining tools like Alteryx
- scripting and programming skills and experience (e.g. Python, Java)
- effective data visualization and reporting tools (e.g. PowerBI)
- database tools and techniques (e.g. SQL)
- You’re impact driven and eager to have a real positive impact on the firm and very importantly on your colleagues as well
- You’re a team player whom your colleagues can rely on
Nice to haves:
- Commercial experience developing ML algorithms or undertaking ML projects
- Experience with ML programming libraries or environments (e.g. Python, Scikit-Learn, SciPy, NumPy, Pandas and Jupyter Notebooks)
PwC – KMP-56471