We are seeking to employ an Environmental Operator / Technician to join our team. Reporting to the Operations Manager and Site Supervisor, the job will involve:
- Coordination, dismantling, collection, stacking and packaging of recyclable materials / products;
- Decontamination of related areas;
- Loading of recyclable material into containers in preparation for shipment;
- Proper labelling of waste and containers;
- Use of decontamination equipment, company vehicles and other equipment.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience, i.e as operator on a labour-intensive project;
- Able to speak and read English well enough to converse with the general public, and to respond to official questions;
- Own means of transport;
- Readily available to work in Malta (in possession of a valid work permit in case of non-EU nationals).
Experience in the construction industry or hazardous material will be an asset.
Candidates should be able to:
- Perform physical labour associated with environmental clean-up activities, sample collection, waste removal relating to recycling;
- Follow applicable safety rules, regulations, guidelines, policies, and site-specific safety plans when performing recycling activities and wearing protective gear;
- Operate equipment necessary for recycling operations.
PTMatic Environmental Services – KMP-57372