Papaya Limited is licensed and regulated by the Malta Financial Services Authority to issue electronic money in terms of the Financial Institutions Act. Papaya is seeking to recruit a Compliance Executive as part of its team.
The Compliance Executive will be reporting to the Head of Compliance / MLRO and will:
- Monitor client transactions and performance against fraud, card scheme requirements, internal thresholds, AML and CFT regulations.
- Review of transactions monitoring alerts to flag or identify suspicious activity outside the normal pattern and activity.
- Investigate and take immediate action on alerts, notifications and reporting to ensure compliance at all times.
- Creating necessary manual alerts for fraud detection according to the fraud trends and patterns.
- Maintain all investigation records and case outcomes.
- Reviewing fraud and chargeback levels as per internal accepted levels and as per card scheme regulations.
- Notify customers of potential breaches and make sure all necessary action is taken.
- Explore new ways that can help improve existing fraud, AML and CFT strategies.
- Work with other departments where necessary to ensure that proper action is taken followed for the respective client.
- Request and analyze the source of funds and source of wealth documentation.
- Investigating suspicions of money laundering and terrorism financing or and submitting internal suspicion transaction reports to the MLRO or his deputy when relevant.
- Assist on compliance matters that are applicable to the company.
Personal skills required for the role:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Strong organisational skills with great attention to detail.
- Ability to work on his / her own initiative and also as part of a team.
- Have a good knowledge of the Microsoft Office and Windows environment.
- A proactive approach to situations.
The suitable candidate must possess:
- A financial or legal qualification.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role within the financial services industry.
- Knowledge of existing regulations and directives in relation to AML is required.
- An excellent command of the English language, and any additional language would be considered an asset.
The chosen candidate will be offered on-the-job training.
Please send your CV and motivation letter in English.
Papaya Limited – KMP-57427