Palazzo Parisio – 18th-century palace and its Luna restaurant is known to be Malta’s foremost destination for fine dining, located in the heart of picturesque Naxxar, is currently looking for an experienced Senior Waiter – Chef De Rang to join its team on a full-time basis.
- Would you like to work within one of the most iconic restaurants in Malta?
- Are you a talented individual with proven experience in a similar function within a comparable environment?
- Would you like to share and develop your skills in high profile establishment?
If so, then this is the role for you.
We are delighted to be recruiting for one of the most beautiful establishments with endless opportunities to progress within your career.
As a team member at Palazzo Parisio, you are the reason that our guests keep coming back. Our restaurant team work to serve our guests and create an unforgettable experience, exceeding expectations from breakfast right through to dinner, to ensure that every guest wants to return.
- Deliver an attentive experience to our guests in the restaurant and / or bar, serving food and drinks
- Monitor all aspects of the customer experience – from the restaurant layout before they arrive, to the experience they receive while there, and act to enhance that experience and remedy potential problems so that service is seamless
- Establish and maintain good relationships with all guests and handle complaints, requests and enquiries
- Act as a brand ambassador for Palazzo Parisio and Luna the restaurant
- Become and remain fully conversant with the food and drinks menus, and with all Palazzo Parisio products and services
- Assist in the supervision, coordination and training of junior staff.
- Ensure that all mise-en-place is completed correctly, both prior to and after each shift, in order to maximise both guest and associate satisfaction
- Assist in the operation of an effective reservations program
- Contribute to the achievement of margins at targeted levels through upselling, controlling and reporting of wastage
- Prepare the restaurant for service
- Explain menu to guests, serve dishes, clear plates, wine and beverage service, bread service, barista tasks, co-ordinate service and duties with other front of house team members
- Answer the phone, handle reservations, welcome guests, recommend menu and specials, take orders, etc.
- Work with the kitchen to learn about menu ingredients, food preparations and special diet requirements
- Mentor new, less experienced staff members ensuring they know what good looks like through leading by example and the setting of and maintaining of company standards
- Working experience as Chef de Rang or Senior Waiter within a luxury restaurant setting or fine-dining venue
- The desire and motivation to work in a fine-dining environment
- Great communicator with a dynamic and professional approach
- Impeccable standards with a passion for delivering outstanding service
- High personal appearance and hygiene standards
- Customer-oriented, welcoming, friendly and respectful attitude
- Competitive salary
- Fantastic development opportunities in a fine-dining environment
- 1 free staff meal per shift
- Uniform provided and laundered by the company
Palazzo Parisio – KMP-55026