Fast-growing dynamic iGaming company looking for MLRO, probably part-time. The successful individual will be based in or willing to move to Malta and be able to travel to Germany when required. They would need to have a background in financial services, law or a related field with specific and extensive experience of AML in Germany, and to be a fluent German-speaker. This would be to meet the AML requirements of the new regulator in Germany for an operator due to receive one of the new German sports-betting licenses.
It is strongly preferred that the candidate will have worked in the iGaming industry as they would need to oversee our AML / CFT obligations in Malta, where the operator is already licensed. We are looking initially at a part-time position but there might potentially be ways of turning this into a full-time job if the scope of the successful candidate’s role were to be extended (for example to oversee fraud and risk).
- Knowledgeable of German AML / CFT regulations and practices
- Willing to be located in Malta
- iGaming experience
- Desirable experience
- Knowledge of working with the FIAU, MGA and BaFin
- Legal background
- Understanding of different cultures and markets
- Ability to work in a diverse team spread across different countries
- Take ultimate responsibility for AML / CFT for the operator
- Make sure operator is compliant with all AML requirements of the regulators of both iGaming and AML in Germany and Malta
- Review, update and improve existing policies
- Work closely with the head of compliance to ensure the operator is compliant at all times
- Assess and report suspicious activity
- Ensure all findings are acted upon
- Liaise with staff and make yourself available to them concerning any AML issues
- Work closely across the company with those involved in KYC, Fraud and Risk, etc
- Report to senior management and understand the commercial imperatives of the business
- Design, provide and organise training and identity training needs in AML and CFT across the company
- Keep abreast of new and evolving AML / CFT requirements
- Build good relationships of trust and understanding with regulators
Salary is negotiable depending on hours and any other duties agreed.
OGaming – KMP-56504