We are a new venture set to open before the end of March 2021. The concept is to offer authentic cuisines from around the world with a touch of fusion – a journey through flavours.
We are actively looking for the ideal person to be Head of Service.
Job description and requirements are as follows:
- Must hold a valid work permit for Malta.
- Good knowledge of international cuisines and wines covering all continents. Good knowledge of traditional cocktails is considered an advantage.
- Minimum experience of 2 years in a high responsibility position in the restaurant / hospitality industry.
- High level of presentability and excellent communication skills.
- Fluent English and fluency in a second language are a must. Further languages are considered an advantage.
- Full management of service including:
- Cleanliness and presentation of the restaurant service area.
- Responsible for a staff of 3-4.
- Stock orders and conditioning.
- High level of organisation and ability to work under pressure in order to deliver seamless service for 60 covers / service.
- Consistency of quality and delivery is a must.
- Collaboration with Director and Head Chef in the creation of menus.
- Lunch and dinner services. Winter closing Sunday after lunch service to Tuesday lunch service. Summer will be 7 days / week with extra staff as required.
- Salary starting at 18k / year (more depending on skills) and profit-share structure after a probation period of 6 months. Indefinite employment contract.
- Starting date – ASAP. Soft opening of the restaurant is currently estimated end of March. Full launch planned for June.
This position has fantastic potential for development as it would lead to a management position for the right candidate.
ODYC Bistrot – KMP-58359