We are a new venture set to open before the end of March 2021. The concept is to offer authentic cuisines from around the world with a touch of fusion – a journey through flavours.
We are actively looking for the ideal person to be Head Chef.
Job description and requirements are as follows:
- Must hold a valid work permit for Malta.
- Good knowledge and execution of international cuisines covering all continents.
- Minimum of 2 year’s prior experience in a catering management position.
- Full management of kitchen (open) including:
- Equipment maintenance.
- Staff of 3-4 (Head Chef included).
- Sourcing of all products with assistance from Director.
- Stock orders and conditioning.
- Ability to organise and deliver for up to 60 covers / service.
- Creating seasonal menus in collaboration with the Director and Head of Service.
- Lunch and dinner services. Winter closing Sunday after lunch service to Tuesday lunch service. Summer will be 7 days / week with extra staff as required.
- Excellent communication skills across all departments (fluent English is a must).
- Salary starting at 24k/year (more depending on skills) and profit-share structure after a probation period of 6 months.
- Starting date – ASAP. Soft opening of the restaurant is currently estimated end of March. Full launch planned for June.
This position has fantastic potential for growth and the right candidate will find opportunities to be creative and imaginative given the freedom offered by the concept.
ODYC Bistrot – KMP-58358