MGR Human Resources Ltd, member of MAP S.Platis Group of Companies, is a leading, broad HR Consulting, Training, Recruitment and Temporary Placements Agency. We are looking to hire a Training Support Officer for the European Asylum Support Office to be based in Malta.
The successful candidate will work on a secondment basis for the awarded contract for the Provision of Interim Services to the European Asylum Support Office (EASO). EASO is an EU Regulatory Agency headquartered in Malta whose mandate is to strengthen EU Member States’ practical cooperation on asylum, to support Member States whose asylum systems are under particular pressure and to enhance the implementation of the Common European Asylum System.
The Training Support Officer works under the supervision of EASO in performing some or all of the following tasks:
- Organise and deliver training activities in the framework of EASO operations under the supervision of the EASO Training and Professional Development Centre, in particular, tailor-made training sessions for EASO caseworkers; operational trainings for new EASO caseworkers; trainings in the EASO training curriculum modules; trainings in other EASO operational training programmes;
- Assess the delivery of training sessions and training programmes and propose necessary adjustments;
- Contribute to training need analysis on the ground, in close consultation with the relevant persons in the operation;
- Discuss and design tailor-made trainings, based on the need analysis conducted on the ground;
- Acquire knowledge and skills in didactics and be trained in other EASO training modules;
- Participate in quality assurance process (quality feedback exercise, etc);
- Provide regular analytical and statistical reports of provided services and challenges (e.g. reporting on trainers’ activities; separate reporting on coaching or ad-hoc trainings including recommendations);
- Perform any other tasks in the interest of the service, relevant for the specific profile.
- University degree is required, preferably in the field of law, political, humanitarian, social studies, psychology;
- Previous experience for at least 2 years in the field of refugee status determination is required;
- Completed training on the EASO core modules (Inclusion, Interview Techniques, Evidence Assessment) is required;
- Proficiency in English (Written and oral) is required;
- Computer literate, including MS Office applications (Word, Excel), use of internet and web-based applications;
- Excellent intercultural / interdisciplinary communication skills;
- Analytical skills and ability to work as a member of team;
- Mobility and flexibility.
- Post-graduate degree in the field of law, political, humanitarian, social studies, psychology will be an advantage;
- Previous experience in EASO operations will be an advantage;
- Additional EASO or other trainings in specific aspects of the asylum procedure e.g. vulnerability, exclusion, Dublin procedure, country of origin information etc. will be an advantage;
- Completed didactic training will be an advantage
- Knowledge of Greek language is advantageous
The position falls in hierarchical Category IV and the associated salary is €38,985.12 gross annually in twelve monthly instalments.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
MGR Human Resources Ltd – KMP-58342