About Insurance and Pensions Supervision
The Insurance and Pensions Supervision is responsible for the supervision of insurance companies, insurance intermediaries, retirement schemes, retirement funds and retirement service providers. The team employs professionals with a varied background and comprises skills relating to insurance, pensions, accounting, legal, quantitative analysis, actuarial skills, compliance and others.
In the role as Senior Manager, you are expected to report to the Deputy Head (Compliance and Risk) of the Insurance and Pensions Supervision within the MFSA.
In your role, your responsibilities include:
- Assisting the Deputy Head in the general management of the Compliance and Risk team, in both off-site and on-site supervision, and the continued development of prudential regulation;
- Provide general guidance to other junior members of staff within the team; including in-house training;
- Involve yourself in ad hoc assignments related to specific regulatory and supervisory issues that arise from time to time;
- Attend / hold meetings with licence holders together with other meetings as required;
- Assist in the development of procedures and following up international regulatory developments.
We are looking for candidates with a solid academic background in insurance or a comparable recognised qualification.
The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
The applicant should also possess a minimum of eight (8) years working in a related area, ideally in the financial services sector.
If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least fifteen (15) years within compliance or, within the financial services environment, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
MFSA – IPS/046/2020