MFCC is Malta’s largest international convention and exhibition venue and offers a blank canvas for creating any kind of event. We are seeking to recruit an ambitious, determined and motivated individual to join our highly talented team.
We are looking for a trustworthy Procurement and Warehouse Officer. The selected candidate will be responsible for the timely procurement and delivery of high-quality, low-cost products, and services as well as the proper processing of assigned customer orders.
- Following the request for quotes and proposals raised by the concerned department, the Procurement Officer will be responsible to obtain approval, from the CEO, and subsequently start the process of obtaining multiple quotes.
- Short list quote / supplier and prepare a purchase requisition (PR).
- To liaise with requestor / Head of Department on the selection of supplier and shortlisting therefrom.
- Officer to endorse the PR before ensuring the PR is approved by the manager of the concerned department, while obtaining approvals from Accounts and CEO.
- Ensure the PR is approved by all concerned.
- Enter into the ERP system and EAC request data sheet, making sure to attach all relevant documents required.
- Communicate effectively with SCM suppliers and transporters via email and telephone.
- Keep requestor / Head of Department updated at all times with the process of the procurement.
- Revise and monitor delivery time frames, to ensure strict delivery deadlines at all times.
- Once invoice is received, ask department manager to sign for the goods / services received and receive the said invoice in the ERP system for payment.
- Enter the details of the chosen supplier into the procurement log and supplier log.
- Scan the PR, quotes and invoices (if already received) to be able to attach in the ERP.
- Take note of the ERP registration number and EAC number onto PR and log.
- Advice / verify counter charging with concerned department / Finance.
- Monitoring of receipts, issues and transfers of goods and warehousing procedures.
- Coordinate stock-taking procedures with the Financial Controller.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A positive, confident and determined approach.
- Resilience and the ability to cope with pressure of work.
- A high degree of self-motivation and ambition.
- The skills to work both independently and as part of a team.
- The capability to flourish in a competitive environment.
- A good level of numeracy.
- A team player with high level of dedication.
MFCC – KMP-57290