Are you looking to work with large sets of data within a dynamic team that builds reports, dashboards and analytic solutions?
As a BI Developer, you will bring crucial analytics to Melita in gaining a competitive advantage in the market.
You will be required to:
- Aggregate large sets of data from heterogeneous sources into a data warehouse that is used extensively across the organisation.
- Create high-quality datasets for business analysts’ consumption.
- Author reports for operational use.
- Extend the data warehouse model with additional dimensions and facts.
- Integrate new data sources.
- Closely work with the BI operations team to rectify identified issues.
- Recommend improvements, participate in daily stand-ups and assist in task planning.
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role, relevant degree (preferably in computer science or BigData).
- Excellent SQL knowledge.
- Very good ETL and ELT knowledge (such as Microsoft SSIS, Microsoft PolyBase, Google cloud Dataflow).
- Very good understanding of data models and associated best practices.
- Experience with Microsoft SSRS, SSAS, PowerBI, Excel.
- Preferably experience with cloud columnar databases (such as Google BigQuery).
- Basic Microsoft SQL server administration knowledge.
- Experience with data quality techniques and best practices.
- Use of project tracking software (such as JIRA).
- A collaborative approach and worked in agile teams.
- A continuous improvement mind-set.
Melita Limited – KMP-55122