Meeting Point Hotel Management (Malta) Ltd. operates a number of Hotels in Malta under the brand name of Labranda Hotels and Resorts, and is seeking to recruit a Human Resources Manager on a full-time basis to be based at the Labranda Riviera Hotel & Spa in Marfa L/O Mellieha.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, the successful candidate will mainly have the responsibility to maintain and enhance the HR function by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources polices, programs and practices.
Duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Ensures that HR priorities are aligned with the corporate business requirements;
- Be able to formulate a well-structured recruitment and selection process by using the most appropriate HR tools to predict job performance;
- Provide HR advisory service to departmental managers in conjunction with local Employment Law and other HR-related matters;
- Possess a sound knowledge of the payroll function and the relative national legislative conformities;
- Develop, implement and monitor departmental and company standard operating procedures and policies;
- Act as a change agent to transform organizational culture where necessary;
- Ensure efficient allocation of resources aligned with the company’s strategic intent;
- Work closely with departmental managers to identify training needs and individual development plans to ensure career progression;
- Liaise constantly with departmental managers and employees to improve work relationships, increase motivation, productivity and retention;
- Establish and maintain appropriate systems for measuring necessary aspects of HR development;
- Ensure that operational activities integrate with organizational requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal obligations, environmental policies and the well-being of the workforce.
Overall attributes required:
- In possession of a first-degree qualification in Human Resources Management and at least 3 years of work experience in a similar post within the hospitality industry;
- Competent in using Dakar payroll software;
- People-oriented and results-driven;
- Ability to architect strategy with strong leadership skills;
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills;
- Strong work ethic and commitment;
- Flexible, able to manage change, and manage multiple projects successfully to completion;
- Excellent vertical and horizontal communication skills;
- In-depth knowledge of employment law and HR best practices;
- Fluent English speaking is a must and Maltese speaking will be considered a plus.
An attractive remuneration package, commensurate with experience will be offered to the chosen candidate.
Candidates must be able to present favourable recommendations and references towards the final stages of the recruitment process.
Meeting Point Hotel Management (Malta) Ltd – KMP/HR/02/21/02