Meeting Point Hotel Management (Malta) Ltd. operates a number of hotels in Malta under the brand name of Labranda Hotels and Resorts and is seeking to recruit a Front Office Manager on a full-time basis to be based at the Labranda Riviera Hotel and Spa in Marfa L/O Mellieha.
The selected individual will report directly to the hotel General Manager and will lead the entire function of the Front Office department.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Directly managing the front office team and ensuring proper and full completion of all front office duties;
- Preparing monthly reports and budgets for the relevant department;
- Issuing a weekly manning schedule for all the front office team members;
- Evaluating the job performance of each team member of the front office including regular one-to-one meetings;
- Maintaining strong working relationships and articulately communicating with all other Head of Departments in a systematized and coordinated fashion;
- Verifying that accurate room status information is maintained and properly communicated to all internal stakeholders;
- Adhering to and ascertaining that all cash-handling and credit company policies and procedures are being observed;
- Monitoring and ensuring that all V.I.P’s, special guests and their relevant requests are being attended to in a timely fashion;
- Build a good relationship and rapport with guests to make them feel comfortable and address any complaints they might have in a very courteous manner to protect the image of the hotel.
The selected candidate must:
- Possess a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role within the hospitality industry;
- A degree / qualification in tourism is considered to be an asset;
- Be very fluent in written and spoken English and German / French languages;
- Solid knowledge of MS Office, particularly in Excel and Word;
- Highly conversant in a property management system;
- Thorough knowledge of customer service, office management and basic book-keeping procedures;
- Be self-motivated, dynamic and able to work under pressure to help resolve issues efficiently whilst meeting deadlines;
- Be accurate, discrete, well-organised and flexible;
- Have excellent communication and people skills.
Shortlisted candidates will be requested by the selection board to present favourable reference letters.
Meeting Point Hotel Management (Malta) Ltd – KMP/HR/08/20/04