Meeting Point Hotel Management (Malta) Ltd. operates a number of Hotels in Malta under the brand name of LABRANDA Hotels and Resorts, and is seeking to recruit Chefs on full-time basis to be based at the Labranda Riviera Hotel & Spa in Marfa L/O Mellieha.
Duties include, but will not be limited to:
- Following a given recipe and prepare various food items, including vegetables, poultry, meats and seafood for cooking using different methods and kitchen equipment such as oven, boilers, fryers and grills;
- Ensuring that food products are portioned before cooking by following standard portion sizes and recipe that have been specified;
- Stocking and managing assigned food station(s) and ensure high quality of food served;
- Physically inspecting and overseeing all food sent from the kitchen;
- Making requisitions for food items and supplies that are needed;
- Ensuring sufficient amount of food products are stocked and maintained at line stations to facilitate hitch-free service period;
- Ensuring work station areas, including shelves, tables, grills, fryers, pasta, broilers, cookers convection oven, sauté burners, refrigeration equipment are kept clear and clean at all times;
- Understanding and adhering to the company’s policies and processes, cooking methods, standard portion sizes, and kitchen rules and quality standards.
The selected candidate must:
- Have good working knowledge of the fundamentals of cooking, HACCP standards and sanitation;
- Currently residing in Malta and possess a valid working permit;
- Be in possession of a food handling license;
- Be a team player by demonstration an enthusiastic and positive approach;
- Possess strong interpersonal skills resulting in outstanding communication, teamwork, flexibility and cohesiveness with all team members;
- Be able to demonstrate a consistent level of commitment by being fully engaged with the job role.
Meeting Point Hotel Management (Malta) Ltd – KMP/HR/02/21/04