Medelec Switchgear Ltd with over 40 years’ experience in the design and manufacture of air insulated Medium voltage switchgears, Compact and mobile substations, control panels, low voltage distribution boards and automatic voltage regulators and the manufacture of gas insulated switchgear and ring main units is seeking to recruit a Purchasing Officer.
The selected candidate will work directly with the Head of the Accounts Department to ensure the smooth running of the Purchasing Department whilst ensuring that Purchasing policies and procedures are followed.
- Preparing purchase orders after verifying that items required are of high quality, according to specifications, whilst considering price and delivery times.
- Liaising with the Logistics Officer to ensure the most cost-effective method of transport.
- Following up purchase orders by communicating with suppliers to ensure goods arrive within their expected delivery dates.
- Sourcing of new suppliers to identify the best possible prices and shortest delivery times, whilst buying samples for approval.
- Liaising with the Logistics and Production Control departments to ensure that material is conformant with production requirements.
- Communicating with suppliers when non-conformances arise and generate monthly non-conformance reports for senior management.
- Abiding by the company’s purchasing procedures and prepare reports accordingly.
- Diploma level in Management or a related subject (MQF level 4).
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar environment will be considered in lieu of the qualification required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and ERP Software.
- Strong organisational skills and being able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision, after the required training is given.
- Being reliable, keen to learn and a good team player.
Medelec Switchgear Limited – KMP-53321