Medelec Switchgear Ltd with over 42years’ experience in the design and manufacture of air insulated Medium voltage switchgears, Compact and Mobile substations, Control panels, Low Voltage distribution boards and Automatic Voltage Regulators and the manufacture of gas-insulated switchgear and Ring Main Units is seeking to recruit a Junior Accountant.
The selected candidate will work directly with the Finance Manager to ensure the smooth running of the Accounts department and ensuring financial policies and procedures are followed.
- Maintaining accounting records.
- Preparing and analysing monthly management accounts.
- Handling the accounts receivables and payables’ process.
- Carrying out inventory reconciliations and investigating discrepancies.
- Preparing VAT returns and other state-required reports.
- Assisting in the audit process.
- Responding to ad-hoc enquiries made from Senior Management.
- Liaising with the Logistics and Purchasing department for the smooth running of the accounts department.
- Working towards or qualified in ACCA or Masters in Accountancy.
- Practical experience in a related role would be considered an asset.
- Professionalism and consistency throughout.
- Be a self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Keen to learn and offer cost-effective working methods.
- Enthusiastic with good communication skills and ability to provide a clear vision.
- Flexible and multi-tasking.
Medelec Switchgear Limited – KMP-53320