The Junior Underwriter will work in the Underwriting (Motor and Personal Lines) Department in Floriana and will report to the Supervisor.
- Underwriting and rating of business proposals including preparation and issuing of quotations;
- Delivery of a high-quality support service, mostly on motor, marine and personal lines risks, to our commercial area;
- Assisting in the pre-renewal process;
- Portfolio technical analyses;
- Handling other duties and special projects as may be required.
- Oral and written communication;
- Problem solving and decision making;
- Analysis and interpretation;
- Interpersonal effectiveness;
- Computer skills (Microsoft Applications etc).
Qualifications and Skills :
- Minimum of secondary level of education;
- Preference will be given to applicants with MCAST advanced diploma in insurance, CII qualification, university degree or higher;
- Experience in an insurance technical environment, especially on marine products, is considered as an asset.
- The candidate must have an excellent level of Maltese and English;
- Knowledge of Spanish would be considered an asset.
MAPFRE Middlesea Plc – KMP-57286