Malta International Airport plc is looking for a dynamic individual who is passionate about working with people within an Airport environment, is willing to continuously learn, develop, and be part of a high-performance culture. This vacancy has arisen within the innovation and technology department.
Purpose of Position
This is a junior position which is ideal for graduates who have recently obtained a degree in an ICT related field (or shall be graduating this year) and who have a passion for system administration and a flair for IT services.
The position involves providing technical support through specialist knowledge on the company’s IT systems.
Overall responsibilities include, system administration tasks, management of IT projects, liaising with IT suppliers, documentation of IT related procedures, and giving assistance in the design and maintenance of IT applications with particular attention to delivering business solutions, enhanced user experience and robust infrastructure.
- Provide system administration tasks on assigned company applications.
- Provide second and third level IT Help Desk support or escalate support to third parties or vendors as necessary.
- Keep updated documentation related to IT policies, procedures, and systems.
- Draft and deliver training packages on applications for both frontline technical support and also end users.
- Be responsible for keeping applications updated, manage their development roadmaps and propose improvements, for same to continue to deliver solutions to the business.
- Assist in the system analysis, design and testing of new IT systems, including both software and hardware architecture, ensuring that such systems are complaint with IT best practices.
- Manage IT projects from design to implementation in collaboration with other technology sections and departments.
The ideal candidate should:
- Possess a recognised qualification in an ICT related field. Some work experience in an ICT related job will be considered as an asset.
- Be knowledgeable in:
- Office automation tools, particularly MS Office 365.
- Database theory and SQL.
- Microsoft Windows administration tools.
- Virtualization technology, in particular Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Be able to gather user requirements and document IT systems.
- Possess strong communication and writing skills. Able to present ideas, information and reports in a clear, concise format using narrative statements, spreadsheets, presentations and charts.
- Be capable of taking ownership and responsibility for IT systems.
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to master new IT technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to work on own initiative and in a team environment.
- Be capable of working on assigned projects within deadlines.
- Keep up-to-date on IT industry standards and evolving IT technology.
- Have the willingness to learn about new systems and attend training courses, certifications, workshops and conferences, even abroad if necessary.
Malta International Airport – KMP-54386