MCST is currently looking to recruit an Executive to join the R&I Programmes Unit on a full-time basis. As an Executive, you will be responsible for the promotion and implementation of existing and new R&I funding programmes. This is a compelling role for the right candidate, requiring active engagement with various national research organisations across academia, the public and private sectors. If this matches your ambitions and interests, we would be keen to hear from you!
The ideal candidate must be in possession of:
Master’s qualification at MQF Level 7 or higher in Natural Sciences, Engineering or IT, or a relevant comparable professional qualification from a recognised and accredited university together with a minimum of one (1) year of working within an environment relevant to research and innovation.
Bachelor’s qualification at MQF Level 6 in Natural Sciences, Engineering or IT or a relevant comparable professional qualification from a recognised and accredited university together with a minimum of three (3) years’ of working within an environment relevant to research and innovation.
Core Deliverables / Accountabilities:
- Promotion of the unit’s funding programmes and other initiatives across academic, public and private sectors.
- Supporting and guiding applicants for participation in the unit’s funding programmes.
- Supporting eventual beneficiaries in their programme/s queries and monitor their project deliverables, financial spend and reporting to ensure compliance with their contractual obligations with MCST.
- As a key team player, work with other colleagues at MCST as well as external beneficiaries, evaluators and suppliers, to deliver a support structure for the effective management of R&I Programmes.
- Develop relationships with academic, public and private entities, both local and foreign to not only develop successful programmes and initiatives, but ensure successful take-up.
- Support and / or manage niche initiatives and programmes, associated with specific sectors.
Supplementary Deliverables / Accountabilities:
- To contribute positively to the achievements of MCST’s goals and objectives by participating as a productive member of the MCST workforce.
- Act as an Ambassador for R&I and the related MCST-programmes and initiatives.
- To undertake any other duties as may be required from time to time.
- Local and occasional foreign travel, to represent MCST and its initiatives may be required.
Incomplete or late applications will not be processed.
Jobsplus Permit Number: 477/2020
Jobsplus Vacancy Number: 361895
Malta Council for Science and Technology – KMP-55177