- Assist Head Chef with daily, weekly, and monthly specials and menu development.
- Develop / streamline restaurant processes in partnership with the Head Chef.
- Assist Head Chef in managing kitchen brigade payroll hours to budgeted payroll percentage.
- Incorporate and administer applicable safety and sanitation programs according to local law for the restaurant, employees, and guests.
- Assisting the Head Chef in creating new menus with appropriate recipes and costings in both A la Carte and canape menus.
- Ensure employee appearance appropriately reflects the required standards and Madliena Lodge brand image.
- Responsible for assisting Head Chef in achieving or exceeding kitchen financial expectations (i.e. food cost, food efficiencies, labour costs, and direct kitchen expenses).
- Ensure the safety, cleanliness and sanitation of the kitchen by maintaining specified agency standards through proper supervision and training.
- Through hands-on approach, develop and promote a learning environment for all kitchen team members stand in for Head Chef in his/her absence.
- Be up-to-date with current food trends through research and partnership with vendors.
- Be in possession of ITS Certificate in Food Preparation and Service or similar certification.
- Be readily available for work in Malta
- Have a good level of written and spoken English.
- Be able to work under pressure both in a team and own initiative.
- Have an eye for detail.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Have at least 2 years previous experience in a similar role.
Madliena Lodge – KMP-55777