We are looking for a Job Coach who is motivated and has a passion to work towards the employment of persons with disability.
Overall Purpose of the Position of the Job Coach
The role of a Job Coach is to support and coach individuals on the RDP database when there is an opportunity for them to be employed. The overall aim is that the individual gets the necessary training and support which would enable him/her to be integrated into the work environment. The job coach supports the individual to get accustomed to the tasks and sequence of the works they are required to do, get more acquainted with their working environment and colleagues, and identify their line of command.
Supporting trainees whilst they practice different work tasks. This involves:
- Systematically analysing work routines and environments so as to plan and provide appropriate and effective training, supervision and support
- Breaking work into reachable tasks
- Observing and assessing individuals’ performance and behaviour
- Provide the necessary on-site and off-site support to the individual for fuller integration and to foster a successful work experience
- Monitor the client’s development, job performance and job satisfaction
- Keeping up to date records / documentation of clients performance, strengths, areas for development and goals
- Certificate in social science subject / disability studies or other equivalent qualification (OR)
- 3 O’ levels and 1 year work experience in disability / mental health sector
- Valid driving license
- Good command of English and Maltese language
Lino Spiteri Foundation – KMP-56012