Assisting the Front Office Manager in leading and managing all sections of the Front Office department in order to ensure the highest standards of service in accordance with the policies, procedures and Kempinski standards.
He/She is also responsible for up-selling rooms to maximise the room revenue and to support the Front Office Manager to ensure continuity and maintenance of the hotel’s standards.
The ideal candidate should speak fluent Maltese.
The job of Assistant Front Office Manager is executed satisfactorily when:
- Revenues, expenses and profit are closely monitored and budgeted figures (over)-achieved.
- Financial policies and procedures are supported and followed.
- Quality assurance audit results are 85% and above.
- CSS (Customer Satisfaction Survey) results are rated on an average with 5 and above.
- Direct front office operation such as checking in, checking out and providing guest assistance whilst ensuring compliance with all front office policies, procedures, standards and focus on guest’s satisfaction and needs.
- Participate in the development, implementation and review of the policies, procedures, practices and standards.
- Select, train, develop, schedules and manage the performance of direct subordinates to ensure the efficient running of front office operations.
- Maximise hotel revenue by controlling room inventory, group blocking, packages, and up-selling.
- Maintain high visibility during the peak periods in order to ensure the smooth running of operations, promote good public relations, take corrective actions and handle customers’ complaints to ensure their satisfaction. Greet VIP guests upon their arrival and escort them to their room. Establish good rapport and offer assistance for the duration of their stay.
- Coordinate front office duties with various departments such as Executive Office, Housekeeping, Sales and Marketing, Engineering and Security to ensure that all guests are given friendly and caring service from their arrival until their departure according to Kempinski standards in a safe and secure environment.
- Identify training needs, plans training activities and oversee their implementation for all front office sections. Follows up to ensure compliance and efficiency of training activities.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget and manning guide and manage within budgetary guidelines.
- Keep abreast of all emergency procedures, hotel promotions, product knowledge, VIP arrivals, upcoming events and brief direct subordinates accordingly so that all front office staff are able to answer guest requests and questions.
- Accomplish a set of administrative duties such as leading and attending meetings, writing reports and memos and other specific duties related to the job function.
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Kempinski Hotel San Lawrenz – KMP-55260