Jobsplus provides local jobseekers and employers with successful and rewarding work experiences by empowering, assisting and training jobseekers; promoting workforce development; and assisting employers in their recruitment and training needs.
- An ICT related post-graduate degree (Masters’) at MQF level 7, with a minimum of 90 ECTS/ECVET or equivalent or an appropriate, recognised, comparable qualification, plus one (1) year relevant work experience. Or
- An ICT related first degree at MQF level 6, with a minimum of 180 ECTS/ECVET or an appropriate, recognised, comparable qualification, plus three (3) years relevant work experience. Or
- An ICT related diploma at MQF level 5, with a minimum of 60 ECTS/ECVETS or an appropriate, recognized, comparable qualification, plus four (4) years relevant work experience. Or
- A recognised ICT related certification (preferably in Microsoft .Net technology and/or MS SQL server) plus related five (5) years relevant work experience.
- To design, plan, coordinate, execute and manage the development of new applications including databases, and database administration.
- Maintenance of current systems.
- To develop software applications in accordance with specifications approved by the Corporation, using standards adopted by the Corporation and to appropriately document their design.
- To test software applications for accuracy, efficiency, effectiveness, completeness and user-friendliness and carry out amendments if necessary, to ensure that the they achieve the quality levels expected by the Corporation.
- To liaise with suppliers and coordinate their activities.
- To assist in the preparation of tender documents and technical specifications for outsourcing of systems / software.
- To debug, amend and enhance current applications as necessary and update the systems documentation to reflect programming changes.
- To code ad-hoc reports and service ad-hoc requests.
- To provide user support.
- To write adequate user documentation and keep it up to date with future enhancements.
- To handle requests submitted through the IT Helpdesk in a timely manner and keep the IT helpdesk database updated.
- To make use of project planning techniques to ensure that all projects under his/her responsibility are finished within the agreed timeframes, according to budget, and that all milestones are reached.
- To ensure proper security measures are in place, especially in relation to virus and possible external threats.
- To prepare reports as necessary.
- To support employee health and wellbeing.
- Other related tasks assigned by management.
Jobsplus permit number: 356/2020.
Jobsplus – KMP-54129