Ivalife is undergoing an application with the Malta Financial Services Authority to become a new life insurance company. We aim to establish ourselves as a key player in the Maltese market as one of Malta’s leading financial institutions. We’re putting a small and dynamic team together offering a full range of new and exciting life insurance and savings products to both personal and business customers. To kick-off, we’re looking for a Junior Technical Business Analyst.
If you meet any of the below requirements and are interested in joining our dynamic team at this exciting time, then we would like to hear from you.
- Evaluate business requirements with a view of potential system development / enhancements and liaise with the core business systems vendors.
- Assess and support data and report requests.
- Liaise with the team’s management with a view to identify shortcomings prior to their occurrence.
- Perform some daily core business systems operations.
- Provide system support to the team and support other IT teams in their on-going analysis of helpdesk requests.
- Share technical knowledge and ways of resolution with other team members.
- Educate business end-users on how to make effective use of their technological tools (hardware and software) to speed up problem resolution, whilst keeping abreast with new technology.
- Recommend, draft and review procedures in line with the organisation’s strategic objective with a view to enhance controls, efficiencies and mitigate against operational and reputational risks.
- Upkeep of the organisation’s documentation system.
- Manage the business continuity plan.
- Be a catalyst of change.
You may also be asked to support in:
- Performing some daily infrastructure operations by maintaining hardware, operating and business software systems in good operational order.
- The administration of the organisation’s systems. This includes but is not limited to the creation, maintenance and removal of users’ accounts, user access rights, etc.
- Performing the necessary backups and restore operations and other disaster recovery operations.
Competences and experiences
The potential candidate should have a positive attitude, be well-organised, with a disposition to learn and have a team-oriented approach to work.
You will also:
- Have an MCAST / university degree in a related ICT area of specialisation.
- Ideally have some working experience in an IT support role / function.
- Be familiar with relational database management systems, preferably with a later version of Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle.
- Have a good command of the SQL scripting language.
- Be flexible and willing to learn life insurance processes and systems.
- Has a basic understanding of the insurance sector.
- Ability to think logically.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly and to interact confidently with internal customers.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Attention to detail and ability to demonstrate good problem-solving skills.
Ivalife – KMP-53761