We are looking to recruit an energetic and self-motivated Junior Sous Chef (Pasta Stall) to assist in the preparation of food for clients within our new pasta stall. Applying culinary and managerial skills, the Junior Sous Chef shall play a critical role in maintaining and enhancing the performance of the company’s Valletta Market food outlets.
Reporting to Senior Sous Chef and Executive Chef, responsibilities shall include but are not limited to the following:
- Help in the preparation related to the pasta stall.
- Produce high-quality plates both design and taste-wise.
- Ensure that the kitchen operates in a timely way that meets our quality standards.
- Resourcefully solve any issues that arise and seize control of any problematic situation.
- Manage and train kitchen staff, establish working schedules and assess staff’s performance.
- Order supplies to stock inventory appropriately.
- Comply with and enforce sanitation regulations and safety standards (HACCP).
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with co-workers and customers.
Requirements – Applicants must:
- Be in possession of ITS Certificate in Food Preparation and Service or similar certification.
- Have a good level of written and spoken English.
- Be able to work under pressure both in a team and own initiative.
- Have an eye for detail.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Previous experience in this particular culinary field shall be considered as an asset.
Is-Suq tal-Belt – KMP-55641