Insignia is one of the most bespoke high-end lifestyle management and payment service groups in the world. We are seeking a Fraud and Disputes Specialist to join Insignia Cards Ltd, a financial institution providing card products and services to clients in Malta and other European countries.
An exciting opportunity for the right individual who is seeking a career within a dynamic company, fast expanding both locally and internationally.
With growth across the institution, this role is critical to ensure a robust and measured business across our businesses.
Key requirements and personal profile:
- Manages all facets of fraud detection and prevention within the company.
- Opens disputes and handling chargebacks interviews individuals involved and may provide assistance to law enforcement.
- Maintain proper documentation for each fraud case.
- Due to the nature of service, the role is expected to exhibit flexibility around the clock when required for severe incidents and escalations.
- Performs analysis of high-risk purchases / transactions and carries out ongoing transaction reviews both from a fraud and AML perspective.
- Analyze data to identify fraud trends and use trends to help develop new ‘fraud rules’.
- Documenting processes and developing procedures to ensure minimal risk of fraud.
- Communicates with card schemes, card scheme members, card acceptors and cardholders to ensure their account safety and prevent loss.
- Investigates and analyzes the causes, methods and process of fraud activities and generates credit card fraud prevention and analysis reports.
- Collaborates with other departments (e.g., risk, internal audit, operations and etc.) to direct fraud / compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution.
- Ad hoc queries and projects.
- Communication with Insignia officers and other employees involved in the maintenance of internal control standards.
- Provide AML/CFT advisory support about transaction monitoring to internal stakeholders where required.
- Amend, create new transaction monitoring rules when required.
- Create or change internal processes for reporting and analysis of transactions.
- Assisting the Compliance team in conducting standard and/or enhanced customer due diligence reviews for any clients performing unusual / suspicious transaction activity.
- Processing of priority requests from local authorities.
- Ensure that filings are completed accurately, timely and meeting regulatory requirement.
- Understands and stays current on the red flags and industry trends related to AML.
- Build and maintain positive and productive working relationships internally and externally.
- Escalate to the MLRO any suspicious / unusual activity.
- Review and disposition of periodic monitoring alerts.
- Perform periodic risk-based transaction and wire transfer activity monitoring to detect and report any potentially suspicious activity.
- Work with account officers to obtain information, conduct investigations, discuss account activity, and to review compliance requirement issues.
- Conduct investigations as a result of internal or official requests.
- Participate in the preparation of monthly reports to local management.
- Stay informed of news and/or official reports directly related to customers, particularly regarding their possible involvement with money laundering or terrorist activities.
- Participate in seminars, training and workshops to stay updated on anti-money laundering and anti-fraud issues and regulations.
- Assists in ad hoc projects (e.g. new process / tool implementation, control remediation, as may be required).
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of three years’ experience in the field.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is considered an asset.
- Flexible and willingness to work flexibly if required, driven by volumes and requirements.
- An articulate communicator with the ability to lead, manage and incentivise the team.
- Customer focused with a passion to work closely with other internal stakeholders and teams.
Insignia Cards Ltd – KMP-55550