Insignia is one of the most bespoke high-end lifestyle management and payment service groups in the world. We are seeking a Business Development Officer to join Insignia Cards Limited, a financial institution providing card products and services to clients in Malta and other European countries. An exciting opportunity for the right individual who is willing to learn and grow within a dynamic company, fast-expanding both locally and internationally.
The company is looking for a motivated business development officer to develop and implement growth strategies for the achievement of revenue goals. Candidates should have the right blend of analytical talent and business know-how. Successful applicants should be team players who not only understand how to identify a new market opportunity but also know what it takes to lead a team forward and realize that opportunity. We’re especially looking for someone with great communication skills, as you’ll be expected to interact with shareholders, executives and clients on a daily basis. Preference will be given to candidates who plan to stay and grow with our company for the foreseeable future.
Duties and Responsibilities
Functions and Duties:
- Perform market research to identify new opportunities and engage with executives to establish strategies for pursuing those new opportunities.
- Develop a strategic sales plan including market research and segmentation.
- Work with senior management in planning sales and revenue targets.
- Execute and meet approved sales and revenue targets.
- Identify and meet sales opportunities, and strategically sell all card products of the company to prospective clients in selected segments.
- Identify and build agreements with strategic partners including banks, fund management companies and corporations.
- Create and improve proposals for our existing and new clients, also partners.
- Identify product shortcomings and initiate improvements.
- Actively network and collaborate with business and HNW community in Malta to build sales pipeline and build Insignia brand presence in Malta.
- Identify and collaborate with the business community in Malta to meet sales objectives.
- Represent the business at conferences, trade fairs and other networking events with the aim to identify new business opportunities.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure the most effective use of resource is upheld for targets to be met.
- Develop sales tools and sales reporting to ensure full, accurate reporting of all sales and ensuing revenue targets.
- Provide training and mentoring to members of the business development team.
Required knowledge, skills and experience
The role calls for candidates with:
- Proven track record of successful business development/business growth.
- Experience in selling financial services products to corporate and institutional clients; private/investment banking products familiarity is desirable.
- 3+ years’ experience working in a business role.
- Fluency in English; Maltese and further European languages are desirable.
- Documented successful and strong hands-on sales skills.
- Business or sales / marketing degree from a reputable institution.
- Ability to inspire, motivate and lead.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent networking skills.
Insignia Cards Ltd – KMP-55323