We are seeking to recruit a Restaurant Supervisor to join our team. The chosen individual will be responsible for delivering an outstanding dining experience to all our guests. You will be required to assist the Restaurant Manager in directing and organizing the restaurant staff to ensure first-class service, and complete guest satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To assist the Restaurant Manager and Food and Beverage Manager in training, supervising, counselling and disciplining restaurant staff.
- Supervise the floor during meal periods to ensure that all company standards are met through guests’ interactions, suggesting new procedures where required.
- Ensure that checklists, requisitions, and proper opening and closing functions are being completed each shift.
- Communicate effectively to restaurant staff throughout service to provide them with clear direction for a smooth operation.
- Ensure staffing levels are accurate based on the hotel occupancy of the day.
- In the absence of the Restaurant Manager, organize and conduct pre-shift departmental meetings, communicating pertinent information to the staff on duty, and ensuring they are fully aware of any last-minute menu changes.
- Remain calm and alert, especially during heavy restaurant activity, serving as a role member to the other members of the Restaurant team.
- Answer the Restaurant telephone in a clear voice, coordinate and document reservations.
- Carry out billing procedures, entering items in the point of sales accurately.
- Move throughout the facility and kitchen areas to visually monitor and take action to ensure food quality and service standards are met.
- Communicate feedback from guests concerning the service and the food and beverage offerings to the Restaurant Manager and Executive Chef.
- Work closely with Restaurant Manager during monthly inventory stock take for all Restaurant equipment.
- Ensure all daily reports are submitted in a timely manner.
- Support the entire food and beverage operation, including supervising other areas where necessary, and carrying out food and beverage service in guests’ suites when required.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Restaurant Manager.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role in a luxury hotel.
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS, MICROS).
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently.
- Have a sound knowledge of Valletta and local areas of interest.
- Positive attitude and good communication skills with excellent grooming standards.
- Mastery in delegating multiple tasks.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Fluency in the English Language.
- Willing to work shifts, including weekends and public holidays.
Iniala Management Limited – KMP-56511