To supervise and coordinate all activities of all room attendants and public area attendants. To manage and direct the day to day operations of all housekeeping and laundry functions. To participate in and enforce quality assurance for the housekeeping department and department cost control measures.
- Maintain the highest standard of cleanliness and service.
- On a daily basis, obtain the necessary reports (i.e. arrival, departure and in-house guests’ lists) to prepare and distribute all work assignments of the day to the housekeeping room attendants and public area attendants.
- Prepare and distribute duties for turndown service for all in house guest rooms, inspecting that all company SOP’s are carried out correctly and in a timely manner.
- Inspects all duties carried out by the housekeeping team in guest rooms and public areas and ensure that all assigned tasks are carried out in a timely manner according to the company’s SOPs, and to the highest-level standards.
- To maintain clear and consistent communication with the hotel’s front desk and butlers to ensure a smooth operation, and to ensure that any special requests made by guests are carried out efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Schedule regular carpet cleaning, upholstery and draperies as required, along with deep cleaning projects and window cleaning.
- Schedule the cleaning of all public areas, including the lobby area, public restrooms, hallways, entrances, elevators, the hotel’s dining area and the immediate exterior of the hotel, and inspecting that these tasks are carried out according to the company’s SOPs and to the highest level of quality.
- Schedule and coordinate major cleaning projects, including deep shampooing of carpets, cleaning of walls, ceilings, baseboards, elevator doors and tracks.
- Schedule and coordinate the cleaning of the boardroom following any meetings, as well as the cleaning of the restaurant following lunch service and again following dinner service.
- Inventories cleaning supplies and linen stock to ensure adequate supplies are always available for the housekeeping team to carry out the duties assigned to them to the highest standard.
- Assist in controlling expenses by the housekeeping department.
- Prepare store requisition, assist in the purchasing of other supplies and equipment, also monitor stock on all housekeeping guest supplies and amenities.
- Investigate concerns regarding housekeeping service and equipment and takes corrective action.
- Provide staff training, coaching and counselling and enforces the hotel’s standard operating procedures, suggesting new procedures where required.
- Ensure guest rooms are properly secured and that proper key control procedures are utilized by the housekeeping staff.
- Communicate with the Front of House staff and Butler Team of rooms ready and inspected.
- Communicate with the Maintenance Team regarding any pending issues in guest rooms or public areas and ensure that these issues are followed up in a timely manner.
- Encourage and reward housekeeping employees to meet and exceed guest expectations.
- Print the housekeeping traces report through PMS and ensure that all traces are resolved in a timely manner.
- Daily confirm all housekeeping staff members have arrived and find substitutes for absent employees, assisting in all cleaning procedures where necessary.
- Review outside laundry facility servicing to ensure quality, undamaged linens and consistent delivery times, keeping in mind the budgetary guidelines.
- Co-ordinate with vendors e.g. Laundry services and any other outsourced services including cleaning agencies.
- Attend to any guest concerns or complaints and take service recovery measures as necessary.
- Review guest feedback regarding housekeeping points, act on negative feedback, and also share guest compliments with staff members.
- Submit requests for repair and periodic maintenance of cleaning equipment.
- When required, attend training seminars to perfect housekeeping techniques and procedures and enhance supervisory skills.
- Record data concerning work assignments, personnel actions and timecards.
- Attend periodic staff meetings with other department heads to discuss company policies and procedures, and guest feedback, and make recommendations to improve service and ensure a more efficient hotel operation.
- Orient and familiarise new personnel with hotel facilities and services.
- Control all expenditures relating to housekeeping, including labour, guest room supplies, and all cleaning supplies and equipment.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as required.
- Minimum 2 years housekeeping experience at a supervisory level.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and to speak clearly in English, (other languages will be considered an asset).
- The ability to read and understand instructions and safety rules.
- The ability to write reports with the correct format, punctuation, grammar and spelling.
- Have sound knowledge of Valletta and local areas of interest.
- Positive attitude, good communication skills with excellent grooming standards.
- The ability to remain patient and composed in stressful situations.
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service.
- The ability to work on your own initiative, as well as part of a team.
- Willing to work shifts including on weekends and public holidays.
Iniala Management Limited – KMP-56427