Vibrant established Company looking to recruit the most positive candidate to fulfill all the following criteria, having the personal motivation to further their own ambition, knowledge, skillset and capabilities.
To join an enthusiastic professional team where we ask purely for the highest personal standards coupled with a flow of creativity allowing the right candidate to showcase their skills and be recognized fully for their work.
- Essentially the candidate is expected to have gained recognized qualifications in patisserie training at a college level. He or she is expected to have held previous similar level experience either in retail, restaurant or hotel environment at minimum 4star level
- Must be experienced, mature, able and willing to work as `part and head` of a positive team, contributing to the operation whilst Managing and developing their own team.
- Cake decorating skills, ability to produce flowers, decorative borders, and knowledge of elegant piping techniques
- Highly driven, responsible, and with strong personal standards in a creative kitchen atmosphere
- Outstanding communication with colleagues and Management, showing effective one to one leadership skills and problem solving.
- Dedicated to the delivery of exceptional products and continuous improvement, with great attention to detail whilst able to visually examine products for quality and freshness.
- Posses some knowledge of modern energy protein desserts, cookies and Keto products
- Enter into an evolving pastry program covering the following areas
- Brunch, morning pastries / trending cosmopolitan creations and favorites
- Artisan rustic and continental café pastries / gourmet chocolate creations
- Traditional Maltese sweet and desserts / traditional afternoon English high tea specials
- International seasonal and holiday specials
- Special celebration cakes / outside catering requirements and more
- Design and create distinct pastries that are both cost efficient and profitable for the company whilst offering suggested ingredients and modifications that may yield a better result.
- Monitor and control `material and personnel`costs towards reducing all / any wastage
- Combine a passion for art and a love for chocolate into the potential making of chocolate confections and special desserts
- Development of distinct signature products associated within each company outlet
- Monitoring of all stocks and appropriate ordering within budgets and business levels
- Maintain a clean and orderly Pastry dept. general understanding and adhering to all necessary Health & Safety standards as well as HACCP control measures
- As with all similar senior positions, it will be expected that due to particular functions or levels of business, there will be the occasional need for our Pastry Chef to work late hours, weekends, public holidays and feasts as business dictates. He or she will be collectively responsible for both the success and the work required in this department.
INA’s – KMP-53740