Hyperion Aviation is a growing Maltese company active in the field of aircraft management. We are currently looking for a new Head of Finance and Administration, who can manage the day to day tasks of our finance department and maintain the administrative household of our company, including participating in the management board.
Place in the organisation:
In the finance department, the Head of Finance and Administration is responsible for the day to day management of the finance department. An efficient collaboration with other departments is crucial for our organisation. The candidate will be accountable for the HR department, Front desk and internal corporate services of the company, as well within the organisation and at Group level.
Direct supervisors are:
- The ACM or CEO;
- The Group Finance Directors.
The objective is to support the Finance and HR department:
- By guaranteeing accurate and efficient organised accounting records;
- By producing timely and correct financial data according to the groups’ policies and procedures;
- Assisting in HR processes and Office Administration.
Profile and Experience:
- University degree in Accountancy / Finance / ACCA + a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience;
- A wide range of finance knowledge related to administrative, logistic, sales and operational processes;
- Experience in financial audit is an asset;
- Possession of a CPA warrant;
- Ability of working with an international Group considered an asset;
- Willingness to travel;
- Experience in participating in Management teams;
- Team player and a natural in people’s management;
- Stress resistant;
- Solution oriented;
- Solid analytical and critical mindset;
- Ability to work independently and well structured
- Proficiency in verbal and written Maltese and English;
- Knowledge of general accounting principles with a thorough assertiveness for internal control;
- Knowledge of all kinds of taxation rules and legislation;
- Knowledge of consolidation;
- Ability to plan and organise with the aim of achieving deadlines;
- Ability to understand, adopt and implement the groups’ policies and procedures and demonstrate initiative to improve local and even groups’ policies and procedures;
- IT driven, Mastering of MS Excel is a must, Microsoft Navision or Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central is an asset.
Tasks and Specialities:
Within the financial administration you are assigned to the finance team, where (besides the main and subtask) the team – factor is emphasized so that all parts of performing the day to day accounting records and periodic closings / reporting are guaranteed . All tasks are applicable for all Maltese legal entities within the group.
- Oversee the day to day processing of financial and accountancy related documentation so that up to date financial statements can be produced at any time;
- Reconcile the accounting records with external confirmations (of suppliers, customers, financial and official institutions) and maintain supporting documentation for all general ledger accounts;
- Provide analyses, detailed statements and support with specific assignments, audits or reviews;
- Provide clients with financial controlling data on a monthly and more detailed on a quarterly basis and live the daily promise to our clients of transparently recharging operational cost and report appropriate;
- Provide insight into business performance against competitor and industry trends;
- Guide the accounting team, maintain an “open door” and “lead by example” mentality;
- Guarantee timely and correct periodic (monthly, quarterly, yearly) closings;
- Manage contact with the local auditors, tax advisors and other consultants;
- Manage contact with governmental institutions / administrations (VAT / CIT / insurance companies / social inspection / customs and excise duties, financial institutions, local authorities in general);
- Ensure that all deadlines (VAT / CIT / group reporting) are achieved;
- Review and approve payments;
- Cashflow monitoring (AP / AR / credit cards / capex);
- Keep accrual / suspense / transitory accounts up to date;
- Report periodically to the group in an accurate and timely manner including intercompany balances and transactions;
- Ensure that all legal / local / statutory requirements of the Maltese companies are always maintained;
- Investigate any tax / financial / operational risk and establish optimisations and efficiency improvements to intercept these;
- General cost controlling (optimise expenses, follow up on budgets);
- Organize and follow up the monthly closing process for the finance department (checklists per team member specifically, checklist for the whole team in general, organize finance meetings and follow up outstanding matters);
- Ensure an efficient and close collaboration with other departments and the group to achieve the deadlines;
- Support projects with respect to software implementation;
- Whistle-blower function in the broadest sense.
Hyperion Aviation Limited – KMP-53699