1926 Hotel and Spa is currently seeking passionate candidates who strive to deliver. The role of Spa Manager is responsible for managing and supervising all areas of the spa, including its programs services, hours of operation, facilities and staff.
The selected candidate will coordinate the delivery of spa services, including salon, skin care, fitness and wellness, massages, programme coordinating, reservations, reception desk and locker room areas.
The selected candidate should direct and work with the management team hourly employees to successfully execute all spa operations. Moreover, the candidate is to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximise the financial performance of the department.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Selects vendors for spa retail operations and managing contract agreements.
- Oversees retail product research, product selection and purchasing, product display.
- Monitors the spa’s actual and projected sales to ensure revenue goals are met or exceeded.
- Creates, develops, manages and coordinates special services for groups including group gifting programs, group, group turndown gifts, letters and invitations, creating special spa services for specific groups and spa contract addendum negotiation, gift with purchase, co-op marketing efforts and holiday events.
- Ensures spa services are included in all property-related marketing and advertising.
- Manages spa controllable expenses – Guest amenities, linen expense, professional salon products, plants, decorations and paper supplies to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifying excellent customer service, and creating a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Develops business goals and creates appropriate development plans.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationship and on-going communication whilst liaising with employees.
- The potential candidate will ideally possess the following skills and qualities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Minimum of 3 years proven work experience as a Spa Manager.
- Extensive experience in setting up Spa salons offering beauty treatments and massages to clients.
- Sound knowledge of massage techniques, acupressure, acupuncture, and other aesthetic methods.
- Solid understanding of hospitality management and methods to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Proficient in managing the facility, maintaining supplies and recruiting staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, hospitality management or business administration.
- Experience in sales will be considered an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of English language.
- Communication and customer service skills.
- Positive attitude.
- User level computer skills.
- Team player.
- Flexibility to respond quickly and positively to a range of work situations.
- Approachable, welcoming, friendly, and enthusiastic.
- Patient and empathetic.
- Self-motivated and responsible.
- Flexible, punctual, organised and efficient.
- Clean, tidy and professional appearance.
Hotel 1926 – KMP-56379