1926 Hotel and Spa is currently seeking passionate candidates who strive to deliver. It’s taking pride in personally caring for our guests by providing an upscale guest experience.
The reception team is the main information hub in this new 170-key upscale city hotel. Throughout the day and throughout the night, the team extends extraordinary service to our guests, providing information about the hotel and its services, giving directions to places of interest and ensuring a smooth guest experience through communicating with other operational departments.
The selected candidate will be a self-confident, service-oriented and very well organised professional who portrays an image of efficiency who makes every to meet guests’ needs with all comments, and complaints, being actioned to a high level of efficiency.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Welcoming the guests in a warm and professional manner.
- Supporting guests and the operation by serving as the central information hub.
- Performing all guest check-ins by confirming reservations, assigning room, and issuing and activating room keys.
- Processing all payment types such as room charges, cash, checks, debit, or credit card.
- Processing all check-outs including resolving any late and disputed charges.
- Coordinating with Housekeeping to track readiness of rooms for check-in.
- Providing guests with directions and information regarding our hotel and local areas of interest.
- Preparing daily reports from the PMS, identifying any special requests, and check reports for accuracy.
- Completing designated cashier and closing reports in the system.
- Preparing and processing of documents for the Accounting department.
The ideal candidate will ideally possess the following skills, qualities, knowledge and abilities:
- Minimum of 1-2 years proven work experience as a Receptionist.
- Fluent in German, French and Italian.
- Excellent knowledge of English language.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Room Master.
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Relevant degree would be considered an asset.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks.
- Possess a positive attitude and customer service attitude.
- User level computer skills.
- Team player.
- Flexibility to respond quickly and positively to a range of work situations.
- Approachable, welcoming, friendly, and enthusiastic.
- Patient and empathetic.
- Self-motivated and responsible.
- Flexible, punctual, organised and efficient.
- Clean, tidy and professional appearance.
Hotel 1926 – KMP-55566