The Hotel 1926 is looking for a Night Supervisor serving as a Property Manager on Duty and directs all property operations during the overnight shift. The Night Supervisor ensures that the highest levels of hospitality and service are provided during the overnight shift and represents property management in resolving any guest or property related situation. The Night supervisor will personally assist in resolving any issues and completing tasks and performs night audit operations.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Supporting property operations and guest relations needs.
- Maintains a strong working relationship with all departments to support property operations and goals and to expedite the resolution of any problems that may arise through the general operation of the property.
- Communicates any variations to the established norms to the appropriate department in a timely manner.
- Sends a copy of MOD report to all departments on a daily basis.
- Strives to improve service performance.
- Ensures compliance with all policies, standards and procedures.
Performing night audit operations
- Check figures, postings, and documents for accuracy. Record, store, access, and/or analyse computerised financial information
- Control and secure cash and cash equivalents for property according to cash handling policy and procedures.
- Organize, secure, and maintain all files and records in accordance with document retention and confidentiality policies and procedures.
- Prepare, maintain, and distribute statistical, financial, accounting, auditing reports and tables.
- Audit statistical, financial, accounting, auditing reports and tables.
- Audit and reconcile all revenue postings.
- Post cash entries into the accounting system.
- Assist management in training, evaluating, and motivating and coaching employees; serve as a role model.
- Report incidents and unsafe conditions to manager; maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises.
Ensuring Guest Service Excellence
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information.
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and co-workers.
- Welcome and thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Anticipate and address guests’ needs.
- Assist individuals with disabilities.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Prepare and review written documents.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Identify, recommend, develop, and implement new ways to increase organisational efficiency, quality and/or safety.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
The potential candidate will ideally possess the following skills and qualities:
- Proven work experience as a front desk manager or similar roles.
- Thorough knowledge of customer service, office management and knowledge of Room Master PMS.
- Proficiency in English (oral and written) and another language.
- Solid knowledge of MS Office, particularly Excel and Word.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Good organizational and multitasking abilities.
- Problem-solving skills.
- ITS diploma or equivalent; additional certification is a plus.
Hotel 1926 – KMP-52912