Hilton Malta is recruiting for a Stores and Purchasing Assistant on a full-time basis. Reporting to the Procurement Manager, the selected individual will be primarily responsible for the Engineering stores, however will work in other stores and perform other duties when and as required.
The successful candidate should be an energetic and smart individual, who enjoys working with people, possess excellent communication and organisation skills and be fluent in the use of computers.
Knowledge and experience working with technical and maintenance supplies will be favourably considered.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Working closely with the Engineering department to source parts and supplies required by the operations;
- Ensure adequate stock supplies are maintained according to optimum levels;
- Receive, record and shelve supplies;
- Inspect deliveries for damage or discrepancies and report those to the supplier and the Procurement Manager;
- Perform quarterly stock inventory, report and investigate variances to ensure proper book-keeping;
- Maintaining good relationship with suppliers, establish new opportunities and process orders through the stock control / procurement system (Materials Control);
- Assisting in other areas of the procurement department / stores;
- Working closely with the Procurement Manager on specific tasks / projects.
The selected candidate should possess a clean driving licence. Previous working experience, preferably in a similar role is necessary and an O’ level standard of education is also a requirement.
Knowledge of Materials Control (stock control / procurement system) will be favourably considered.
Hilton Malta – KMP-54654