HAUD Systems creates unique and intuitive solutions which provide Mobile Network Operators with reliable control over their networks, resulting in increased profitability through the maximization of A2P revenues, enhanced network security (SS7/Diameter) and SMS fraud / spam thus overall also increasing subscriber loyalty. HAUD Systems is an associate member of the GSMA and a subsidiary of Trillian Group.
Working within the Technology department, reporting into the Technical Services and Operations team, the Senior Engineer will be responsible for installations, operations and maintenance focusing on cloud-based messaging solutions but also spanning other HAUD solutions offered globally by the company.
The Senior Engineer will detail, coordinate and execute at both integration and operational matters, spanning all three skill areas for the solution (compute, connectivity and software) as to ensure the most timely and efficient deployments, regular anomaly detection enhancements (NMS) and rectification (troubleshooting) are achieved
Substantial internal coordination with DevOps and 24×7 NOC will be crucial, including occasional external 3rd party partners. Architecture integration design (LLD specifications) and detail planning for solution installations and upgrades will also form part of the key responsibilities.
The candidate will also benefit from company provided training usually held either remotely over video conferencing or in its offices within Europe and Asia. Such training could be either system specific as well as personal development training on technologies as required by the company.
- Assist and execute tasks for deployment management, integration support, vendor operation and support management, service asset configuration and tracking service restoration, technical support, operational design, SLA / KPI management and 2nd / 3rd line support.
- Assist in the specification’s definition and architecture design of the solution to be installed or requiring updates.
Coordinate with vendors, service providers and internal resources ensuring continuous alignment and delivery of key functional and non-functional requirements of the solution.
- Plan, organize and manage the performance of the solution delivery process and where necessary initiate corrective actions to cover shortfalls in performance and delivery capability.
- Coordinate with stakeholders to ensure the solution, intervention and issue is addressed at the required standard and within the planned time frame (SLAs).
- Assist in establishing realistic estimates for project delivery while ensuring that resources are utilised in the most efficient way, focusing on the reduction of the project delivery time while keeping the maximum quality of delivery.
- Occasional travel may be required.
Requirements and Education
- Core network element exposure and troubleshooting such as (A2P and P2A Gateways, SMSCs, STPs) are a key asset.
- Cloud design, integration and operations for AWS, Azure and VMware private clouds, are considered a KEY asset.
- Hands-on experience with Linux SCTP and SMPP (utilities/libraries), especially network tracing tools such as Wireshark is a must.
- Experience in the telecommunications section protocols such as Sigtran / MAP and SMPP will be considered as an asset.
- Three-year experience in similar Telco Senior / Engineering roles.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to adjust plans as necessary and provide alternative strategies to meet changing operational situations.
- Able to work on his/her own initiative.
- Proficiency in the English language both written and verbal.
- Willing to learn new technologies.
- Degree in computer science, information technology, engineering or equivalent.
- Interpersonal skills.
- High level of initiative and self-motivated.
- Team player.
- Result oriented.
- Structured, well organised and strong technical project management skills.
- Good communication and reporting skills.
- Ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines.
HAUD Systems Limited – KMP-56465