HAUD Systems creates unique and intuitive solutions which provide Mobile Network Operators with reliable control over their networks, resulting in increased profitability through the maximization of A2P revenues, enhanced network security (SS7/Diameter) and SMS fraud / spam thus overall, also increasing subscriber loyalty. HAUD Systems is an associate member of the GSMA and a subsidiary of Trillian Group.
Working within the Technology department, reporting into the Head of Technical Services and Operations, the Architecture and Documentation Engineer will be responsible for compiling, updating and enhancing current and future Haud solutions offered globally by the company.
The Architecture and Documentation Engineer will coordinate across client and product requirements as to research and delivery best possible solution designs spanning IP connectivity, Telco messaging connectivity (Sigtran / Map and Diameter), compute and storage (both HW and cloud) deployments.
Substantial internal coordination with DevOps, SysOps and PMO will be crucial, including occasional external 3rd party partners.
Primarily architecture integration design (HLD, LLD specifications) along with related supporting documentation are the key delivery focus areas in this role. The secondary key focus is for technical solution manuals spanning installation, user and upgrade documentation.
The candidate will also benefit from company provided training usually held in its offices within Europe or Asia. Such training could be either system specific as well as personal development training on technologies as required by the company.
- Directly responsible for the creation of new architecture documentation and blueprints for all new projects and clients.
- Fully own and maintain (lifecycle) all technical solution designs and supporting documentation, current and new.
- Fully own and maintain all technical solution manuals, current and new.
- Coordinate with vendors, service providers and internal teams ensuring continuous alignment and delivery of key functional and non-functional requirements are within capacity and compliance of the proposed architecture.
- Ensuring all change management and new feature deliveries are reflected correctly within architecture and documentation repositories.
- Solution design costings.
- Architecture / Design hands-on POCs within physical and cloud lab environments spanning (IP / Compute / Storage and core software solution).
- Audit and validate regularly both documented architectures and manuals versus demo and production environments.
- Assist in establishing realistic estimates for design and documentation delivery while ensuring that resources are utilised in the most efficient way, focusing on the reduction of the project delivery time while keeping the maximum quality of delivery.
Requirements and Education
- Experience in telecom core network element architecture design (A2P and P2A Gateways and SMSCs, STPs) are a key asset.
- Experience in cloud design or integration for AWS, Azure and VMware private clouds, are considered a key asset.
- Experience in the telecom messaging flows such as MAP(Sri/Fsm) and SMPP.
- Experience in IP network architecture design (physical / cloud) including related Cisco (CCDA) and AWS (SAP-C01) certifications or equivalent.
- Experience with Linux SCTP and SMPP (utilities/libraries), especially network trace analysis tools such as Wireshark is a must.
- Three-year experience in similar Telco / ISP Architect role.
- Ability to produce clear and effective technical documentation ensuring no wrong assumptions are taken based on the typical audience and in alignment with the prerequisites stated in each document.
- Ability to first-hand validate and execute all guidance and examples within the technical documentation produced.
- Ability to fully audit live environments versus architecture in regular.
- Well versant in Visio and similar blueprint / schematic tools.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to adjust plans as necessary and provide alternative strategies to meet changing operational situations.
- Able to work on his / her own initiative
- Proficiency in the English language both written and verbal.
- Willing to learn new technologies.
- Degree in computer science, information technology, engineering or equivalent.
- Interpersonal skills.
- High level of initiative and self-motivated.
- Great attention to detail.
- Result oriented.
- Structured, well organised and willing to also apply knowledge on a hands-on basis.
- Good communication and reporting skills.
- Ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines.
HAUD Systems Limited – KMP-56464