Exceed your potential… come join us!
We’re on the search for a Network Engineer who is ready to take the challenge of working in the Core Environment of the leading Telco provider on the Island. The selected candidate shall be part of a team who is responsible for maintaining, upgrading and supporting the voice platforms of our mobile and fixed networks together with the ancillary core nodes required for the provision of voice services.
As a Network Engineer, you will be involved in the fault diagnostics and preventive maintenance of our Voice Core Network. During incident and problem management, you will be providing 3rd Level Support on issues arising, interfacing with both internal departments and vendors according to the need. You will be expected to evaluate the issue and suggest solutions to solve the root cause of the problem. Some problems might require discussion with the vendor to implement the long term solution – You will be given this responsibility to take this forward and evaluate such solutions before these are implemented in the network. Flexibility in this role is key: – because life is unpredictable, we might require your input to resolve third-level, network operation issues on core network elements outside normal office hours. You will also have the opportunity to enhance your knowledge of other key areas at GO by collaborating with the Digital, Customer Care and Commercial teams to build Go-To-Market products and solutions.
In this role, you shall be using state of the art troubleshooting tools, which together with your troubleshooting skills will allow you to perform detailed problem analysis and troubleshooting to identify the root cause of the problems and recommend the best resolution to solve such issues. Tenaciousness and a sense of responsibility are key to ensure that our core network continues to operate seamlessly, thus providing continuous service to our customers. Strong people skills that will help you build relationships with your team and other stakeholders are crucial in making you a success in this role. Finally, you will stand out by having a thirst for learning and mastering new skills – however complicated they may seem!
Does this sound like you? Here’s what you need to have to match our requirements:
- Possess a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in an Engineering or Technical IT field;
- Ability to work well within a team;
- Have a positive attitude and can-do approach;
- In possession of a valid driving license.
Here’s how to score some extra points:
- Desirable technical skills: IP routing and switching, Linux, SQL and database, scripting, protocol knowledge of 3GPP and IETF;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Problem solving and logical skills.
If this describes you, then this is a glimpse of what you’ll be doing:
- Taking an active and leading role in the HLR, HSS, MSS and IMS areas of responsibility;
- Advising Manager on all aspects of the operations and projects of the platforms under his/her responsibility;
- Responsible to monitor and control the execution of installations, configuration of equipment, troubleshooting and maintenance in the area of responsibility;
- Responsible to troubleshoot and solve issues on the above systems during and after office hours, as required, in order to ensure service disruption is kept at a minimum;
- Collaborating in the execution of projects through the various stages including design, installation, configuration, integration, acceptance, user testing and deployment;
- Working on new technologies / commercial offerings to deploy products in a timely manner, whilst ensuring all services are monitored appropriately and that the relevant KPIs are measured in order to guarantee a high level of system performance and reduced product churn;
- Responsibility to acquire the competence necessary to work with new technologies through active participation in training programs and by taking initiative to acquire further knowledge during the course of her duties;
- Compiling and analysing technical reports, records and statistics when necessary;
- Liaising with colleagues both within Core Networks and in other GO teams / entities as required;
- Liaising with suppliers, customers and other operators as required;
- Performing all duties and activities assigned in order to ensure that the highest performance standards are obtained;
- Responsibility to provide training to other members of staff within GO as necessary;
- Undertaking any other related tasks as directed by superiors.
We’ll recruit as soon as we find our match. Don’t think twice – apply now!
GO plc – KMP-55821