Steer your career into the right direction.
GO is a data driven organisation that relies on data with high quality, availability and secure access. Consumer data insight is what shapes our digital product development and the offered product portfolio. We are obsessed on customer brand engagement and on increasing customer lifetime by giving value through data mining.
We are currently on the lookout for a Data Engineering Manager whose principle responsibilities would be team development, leadership, big data platform strategy and execution, direction on design of data pipelines and managing operations. This job requires you to take ownership and learn an extensive business domain. Definitely we are after a Data Engineering Manager who loves to be involved directly in technical challenges while leading the team at the same time.
Does this sound like you?
Here’s what you need to have to match our requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT / Engineering or equivalent;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in data engineering environments, data warehousing and data architecture;
- Project management experience related to data architecture overhaul;
- Excellent knowledge of distributed computing frameworks such as Hadoop, Map Reduce and Spark;
- Experience in defining and adhering to data governance frameworks;
- A solid understanding together with applied experience of stream, message and event-based real time architectures built on technologies such as Kafka;
- Applied experience and skills in building data workflows with industry standard tooling and be able to programmatically schedule them;
- Experience and knowledge in OLAP Technology;
- Have working knowledge of visualization tools such as Microsoft Power BI, Tableau or Qlik Sense;
- Highly skilled in SQL and have mastery of a programming or scripting language (Java, Scala, Python etc…);
- Highly self-driven, motivated individual who firmly believes in a growth-based culture.
Here’s how to score some extra points:
- Experience in managing or leading a team;
- Certified and have experience in cloud-based infrastructure;
- Experience in MS BI Stack (SSIS / SSRS / SSAS);
- Have experience and knowledge in dimensional modelling in data warehousing;
- Experience with machine learning;
- Have working experience with data warehousing infrastructure such as Hive or Impala;
- Familiar with development approaches of CICD, Microservices and containerization.
If this describes you, then this is a glimpse of what you’ll be doing:
- Directing the necessary re-architecting and general design improvement of the data engineering ecosystem that comprises the data ingestion processes, the data lake, the data warehouse and BI platform;
- Managing, motivating and mentoring the team whilst ensuring succession planning and career guidance for the respective team members;
- Helping to enforce technical architecture and documentation standards, policies and quality assurance procedures;
- Coordinating and providing technical leadership to other members of the team on application design and development;
- Following the project work plans to meet functionality requirements, project objectives and timelines;
- Helping in the diagnosis and resolve of issues and liaise with other members of the team and other personnel within the organisation;
- Proactively proposing enhancements to existing processes and liaising with Technical Architects to introduce new technologies which facilitate the BI and development process;
- Providing support for project management tasks including planning, reporting and adherence to established processes / procedures;
- Undertaking any other related tasks as directed by superiors.
We’ll recruit as soon as we find our match. Don’t think twice – apply now!
GO plc – KMP-55348