Vibrant established company looking to recruit the most positive candidate to fulfil all the following criteria, having the personal motivation to further their own ambition, knowledge, skill set and capabilities.
To join an enthusiastic professional team where we ask purely for the highest personal standards.
coupled with a flow of creativity allowing the right candidate to showcase their skills and be recognised fully for their work.
- Highly driven, responsible, and with strong personal standards in a creative kitchen atmosphere.
- Previous kitchen experience as Senior of Sous Chef in Modern Asian Cuisine will prove valuable
- Proven ability of kitchen management and to lead from the front as a modern Team Leader.
- Able to delegate effectively whilst monitoring daily progress within scheduled requirements.
- Outstanding communication with colleagues and Management, showing effective one to one leadership skills.
- Up-to-date with culinary trends and optimised kitchen processes and equipment.
- Sound knowledge of computer programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS)
- Ability to maintain a clean and orderly kitchen CPU whilst adhering to all necessary Health & Safety standards as well as HACCP control measures.
- Credentials in health and safety training as well as HACCP training.
- First aid training will be an asset but will be expected to undergo refresher training.
- As with all similar senior positions, it will be expected that due to particular functions or levels of business there will be the occasional need to work late hours, weekends, public holidays and feasts as business dictates.
- Previous experience catering for special events and private outside functions.
- To oversee an efficient daily operation within our `Central Production Unit` geared towards our current 2 Genki Asian outlets, upmarket artisan café, ice cream, production, and also towards further pending outlets in development.
- Responsible for the continued efficiency and production of consistent, quality food supplied to each respective outlet whilst remaining firmly in line with our brand recipes.
- This position will expect the correct candidate to occasionally spend time within each satellite team in order to remain in touch with all company chefs, whilst at the same time have a clear understanding and contribution towards the foods prepared from the CPU – to the end product for all our clients.
- Maintaining a daily `hands-on` managing of a small vibrant team in the preparation of all menu items including meat and fish in order to supply and stock each satellite kitchen.
- Regular developing of menu items within the company’s vision, keeping up to date with modern trends and demands.
- Understand working to seasonal demands and controlling levels of production and costs at the same time.
- Having a vital control of all stocked items plus ordering from suppliers in order to maintain all menu ingredients accordingly.
GENKI Asian Café – KMP-53734